1. Exploring molecular structures of humic substances and NOM with a use of advanced analytical technologies.
2. Information technologies for systematics of data on structures and properties of HS, NOM and other systems of non-living organic matter.
3. Ecosystem metabolomics: microbial and photo-transformation of of HS and NOM under conditions of changing climate and anthropogenic stress.
4. Role of HS in soil fertility, in mediating soil pollution, and in the soil-plant-interactions.
5. Nature-like technologies based on a smart use of humic substances for soil restoration, agriculture, fertilizer production, etc.